Saturday, July 26, 2014

Last Day

It's done!! Yep, I did it, I quit!! Yesterday was my last day and I feel awesome!!! I was excited going to work and I played the Happy song. I know I must've looked like a complete nut to other drivers because here it is at 7am, I'm blasting the Happy song and singing to the top of my lungs and shouting "Oh my god this is it", "Yesssss", "I'm so grateful". But you know what, I didn't care. I didn't care because this is epic for me. I quit my 7 year job to step out on faith, I mean how many people do that everyday? I can't imagine that number to be very high. Anyway, I feel great. My last day was really nice. My coworkers gave me a nice lunch from my favorite restaurant, they told funny stories and even allowed me to practice a speech on them about living your dreams. That felt great because I really wanted to give them some encouraging words anyway. All in all it was a really nice day. I spent the majority of it saying farewell to coworkers who didn't work directly in my office thru email, meeting in the hallway for hugs and over the phone. And as I drove away, I played the Happy song even louder.  Listening to stories of how I actually touched someone's life just by encouraging them and being friendly really helped me to see  that I made the right choice. Even my sister whom I haven't spoken to in a while actually called me yesterday out of the blue. I told her what I'd done and some of my future traveling  plans and she had the most beautiful, encouraging and inspiring words to say.  It's funny when you hear people say great things about you that you didn't even realize you were doing. Just by being true to myself I've shown people that I won't compromise my integrity or happiness for that matter. I've decided to take charge of my own life and live on my own terms. And will I continue to encourage and inspire people on this journey, well of course I will!! I can't help it, I've been doing it for years. Just ask my sister :)


No comments:

Post a Comment